Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Meal Planning - for you Erin!

We are back in the swing of things with respect to meal planning.
Erin, this is for you - what to do when you make a whole roast chicken!
On Sunday night, I made a simple roast chicken stuffed with lemon and rosemary (from the garden). We had Jess over for dinner and we ate chicken with pesto pasta and a salad from the garden.
Monday night, I used leftover chicken and made chicken quesadillas. I quickly sauteed red pepper, onion and chicken and put that onto flour tortillas along with cheddar cheese and baked them in the over (I don't fry them). I topped them with homemade salsa. We have *a lot* of tomatoes right now so dinners use a lot of them.
That night I made homemade chicken stock using the chicken carcass, an onion, some carrots, fresh herbs from the garden, tomatoes (why not?) and some pepper and bay leaves. I had no celery but would have added it if I did.
Tomorrow I will make homemade chicken soup with the stock using kale from the garden, beans from the garden and a whole lot of other veggies.
So, that is three dinners using one chicken. Erin, no need for a freezer either which is a bonus for you!
E

1 comment:

  1. Sweet. Now I just need to get back into the swing of cooking...

    ReplyDelete