Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Teaching a middle aged dog a new trick...

The naughty Tyler! 
These two dogs sure love each other!  

I have finally decided to teach Tyler not to bark and run for the door if someone knocks.  This is a big challenge for a few reasons, but the short story is that he likes to bark and is a big spaz.  So, we will see how it goes!  My plan is to teach him to go and lie down on his bed in the office when someone knocks (I can do this with a clicker quite easily) but the challenge is doing it while holding Loic AND trying to keep Arthur from barking and egging Tyler on!  We will see how it goes.  Next challenge is to teach Arthur not to bark at the door, but I am not as confident that I can teach him not to bark at the door.  He does listen when I am holding the squirt gun, unlike Tyler.  I once soaked Tyler with the water gun and he didn't bat an eye!  Darn water dog :)


1 comment:

  1. Awwwww! Ty and Roo are so sweet together! They are such good boys, and very obviously best buddies.

    ReplyDelete