Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dogs, Dogs Dogs

It has taken one year, but Tyler has finally learned to stay in the back of my car on his dog bed! A little history for those who don't know Tyler, he is terrible in the car. When we adopted him he was terrible in the car, just terrible. He likes to jump from seat to seat, from the back to the front and is generally a pain in the car. And no, a crate won't work, he has eaten his way out of about 5 of them...Anyways, on the way to and from agility this week he lay down quietly on his dog bed in the back! No one can say that I don't have patience with that dog! I started to teach him to do it last January, because I knew that he couldn't do that once Loic arrived. Good boy Ty.

In other dog news, Jody, you need to become a dog trainer. While I think that I am a good agility trainer and a better obedience trainer, you are a great trainer. I was talking to another dog friend of ours and she agrees. I think you need an eye for dog training; you need to catch dogs when they are doing the right thing and you need to be able to imagine what they are going to do before they do it. This takes a certain "eye" which while I have it sometimes, Jody has it all of the time. All of the time! Anyways, think of all of the people that you can help with this skill! New dog owners could have so much more fun with their dogs if someone like Jody could show them a few simple things. So Jody, please start teaching already! End dog thoughts for the day.

Oh, and a housekeeping issue, I removed the photo at the top of the page because some people (Hi Dad!) thought that the photo was a post and neglected to scroll down to see the real posts. So I have simplified things.
E

2 comments:

  1. No, there's nobody who could ever say that you lack patience with Tyler. That's part of the reason that I knew you and Rob would be such awesome parents. I think Ty has thrown almost every situation a dog could throw at his humans, and you have worked through every one. Many, many....probably most people would have given up long ago, but you didn't.

    I have no doubt Jody is a great dog trainer, but you rock, too. Don't sell yourself short.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Tyler---looks like my various discussions with him have helped!!

    ReplyDelete