Monday, April 25, 2011

Arthur fell into a hole, back yard, dinner

We had a nice long weekend. Rob worked on our new fence (lovely like the last one) so that we can sit in the yard and Loic can't fall onto the patio or crawl under the deck. This is an important addition to the yard and means that on sunny days, we can sit on our awesome hammocks while Loic plays with his toys on the lawn :) All we need to do now is teach Jody not to fall out of her hammock while yelling at my mother on the deck. Best. Moment. Ever. My only wish is that we had it on video.

Our back deck is also awesome and has a gate at the top of the stairs so if we want shade, we can sit on the deck and Loic can play. Equally perfect, we really like our back yard.
Garden update: this weekend I planted peas, some more lettuce and transplanted some perennials into my front garden. Next weekend - more potatoes in my front garden and Ryan's peas and more radishes in the back garden. Ryan, I planted some of your millet, chickpeas and lentils in large pots that will sit on my deck, looking forward to seeing these plants, thanks for the interesting seeds!

Loic loving my mom's berry sauce :)

Now onto the fun part - here are some photos of Arthur, who fell into a fence post hole while Rob and I were eating lunch in the house. Arthur was fine, so I took the time to call Rob outside to look while I took photos of Artie in his hole :)
Here you go!



Poor Arthur! It must have been some kind of payback for his evil ways... :)

On a side note, I made an incredibly healthy and incredibly tasty dinner tonight - ground turkey lettuce wraps. I have made them before but this batch was the best: spicy, tasty and full of veggies. Yum.

2 comments:

  1. I imagine that is roughly what Saddam Hussein looked like when they found him in his hole. Kindred spirits, those two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arthur in a hole just seems right, ya know?

    ReplyDelete