Saturday, April 2, 2011

Garden notes

I am going to try to write down what I plant and when so that I can remember what works and what doesn't in this new garden.
Last weekend, Rob finished my garden fence (which is lovely and nicer than the chicken wire fence I asked for, you were right Rob) and I finished sifting and spreading the excess soil. Then, I moved a few strawberry plants around and planted some kale and parsley.
Today, I did some work on my front perennial garden, mowed the back lawn for the first time this year and planted some radish seeds, lettuce seeds and some red onion sets. I also moved my raspberries (sorry plants) and moved some more strawberry plants around. I hope they aren't too upset about the moving, this is it plants! Oh, and I put in two rhubarb plants by my compost bin, they have room to spread out and it is a good spot for them.
Loic came outside and "helped" by carrying around various garden tools, his truck and by splashing in any water he could find. He is so funny, every time he sees something new or interesting he says "Oooohhhhh!!" so cute.
Next time I get out to the garden I am going to put in some peas, my brother sent me some neat seeds and his peas plus some I got at the garden store are going in, and I will plant some flower seeds he gave me.
E

No comments:

Post a Comment