Sunday, April 15, 2012

She is here!

Baby Maelle (pronounced My-Elle) was born on April 3rd at 9:07 pm and weighed in at 7 pounds one ounce. I was surprised that she weighed that much because of the issues I had with gestational diabetes and not gaining much weight myself. She came out pink and hungry which was awesome.

Adorableness

She only looks a little bit like Loic did when he was a baby, she is quite girly looking

Loving big brother with baby sister

She is doing really well and is a nursing champ - unlike how her brother started out! I am so so happy that she is such a breastfeeding champ, makes it much less stressful.

Big brother is really, really sweet with her and likes to kiss the top of her head, which is adorable. We are getting used to the lack of sleep again (well, I am, Rob is a bit useless in the night time feeding department!) but she sleeps for 3-4 hours at night between feedings so I can't complain.

We are so very happy that she is finally here and she makes the terrible delivery and stressful pregnancy very much worth while!

E, R, L and M


4 comments:

  1. She is beautiful and perfect and these nice pictures don't even do her justice! I can't believe how grown up Lolo looks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to all of you, and welcome Baby Maelle. What a beautiful name for a beautiful baby! May she always be strong and healthy and great friends with her big brother.
    Now you have to change the header on your blog....the part that says "life with three dogs and now a baby boy". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! She is so beautiful, and I agree with Jean-great name! Hope to see you at the farm some day with our growing families :)
    Meagan, Shawn and Callum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all!!
    Meagan send me an email, I can't find yours, we would love to meet up at the farm!
    E

    ReplyDelete