Saturday, October 13, 2012

Garden Update and a few pics

Today, in the pouring rain, we got a lot accomplished.  Loic was at Yma's house for a few hours so I worked in the garden and Rob helped me when Maelle took her morning nap.  We did the following:

-planted the apple tree we dug out of a client of my Dad's garden (it was in too much shade).  We put it in the back, by our shed, where it will get a lot of sun

-planted 38 cloves of garlic (I feel like I need to plant more but this my first year planting garlic so I might see how it goes with this many.  I made a chart for you Ryan so that I can report back on the 6 varieties you gave me that I planted)

-planted 3 dwarf blueberries - also from the client of my Dad's, she is such a nice lady.  I put them in the front yard in front of the row of raspberries I put in this spring.  I can't wait, we can pick berries next summer!

We were also given 4 large blueberry plants but haven't decided exactly where to put them yet.  They will go in the front yard but we are in the process of figuring out exactly what to do with the front yard. We know we are going to rip out the lawn and put in raised beds for veggies but haven't decided where to put them.


CSA veggie box veggies - I served these on Monday for our Thanksgiving dinner (two kinds of carrots, beets, red onion, parsnip, potatoes and brussels sprouts)


The delicious spider cake my mom made


Cute baby alert!!


The dogs are doing well.  I have been taking them on Thursdays for a hike up Lynn Headwaters, which they have enjoyed.  We have also been going down Mosquito Creek and to our old standby, Bridgeman.  Tyler goes with Emma on Wednesdays for a group hike - which he loves - and it gives me a day off!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment