Thursday, June 10, 2010

Update

Sorry, no photos!
Here is what is going on at our house.
Mom, Loic and I just got home from Powell River where we spent two nights. Loic decided not to sleep for a few hours each night which was Not Fun. Before we left, Jody and I painted a wall in the house and packed for one whole day (thanks Jody!). Rob did a lot of packing while we were in PR.
Tonight (Thursday) I sold our table and chairs and the house is very empty. Rob and I are currently sitting on dog beds in the living room :) Toby is happy with that! I am at my BCIT course all day tomorrow and will be at BC/Yukon Regionals with Tyler all weekend...wish us luck! The baby will be with me for the mornings and Rob will pick him up at lunchtime. Ironically, I will be driving to and from Regionals from N.Van, about 40 minutes further than if we still lived in Maple Ridge!
This is our last night at our little house and I will miss it. I love the trails and people that we have met here and this is where we had Loic (well, at the hospital about three blocks away). I went into labour here and this is where we brought him home from the hospital.
It will be very nice to be living three minutes away from my office when I go back to work in August, and Rob is really, really looking forward to not commuting anymore. He has been leaving around 5:30 am (!) so that he could carpool but not anymore!
A big thank you to my folks who are putting us up starting tomorrow until the beginning of July; I think it will go well, as long as Tyler co-operates...
Will post photos of the squid soon, I promise! And haven't posted a recipe because, well, I haven't been cooking!
Wish Tyler and I luck at regionals,
E

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the regionals and with the big move-out of your old place. I hope Loic adjusts to all the changes smoothly - a couple of weeks at the grandparents should have him thoroughly spoiled! LOL.

    ReplyDelete