Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Let's make chicken soup!

Now that you have made some lovely stock, it is time to use that stock to make some healthy soup!

I take about half of my stock and freeze it and then use half to make a simple veggie and chicken soup.

Put your stock in a pot and add to it the following veggies, diced up into soup sized bites (pretty small pieces):

-one onion
-two carrots
-two stalks of celery
-one pepper (red, yellow or green)
-a head of broccoli

If I have it on hand, I do add in a diced zucchini and sometimes some diced potatoes. Any veggies will do!

Then throw in some bay leaves and some more dried thyme and salt and pepper. At this point I also add in the chicken meat that fell off of the bones while making the stock. You can also add in some more cooked chicken too.

Simmer until the veggies are done and serve over pasta or with a loaf of bread. Yummy.

E

1 comment:

  1. Followed by this.

    And before you ask, no, I didn't make the chicken. Ali turned up with one in her handbag and asked if I wanted dinner. Not kidding.

    ReplyDelete