Monday, December 17, 2012

Cupboard crock pot chili

I didn't have anything planned for dinner tonight - my meal plan for last week ended last night - so I looked in my 'pantry' (aka a small modified Tyler-proof closet) to see what I could make for dinner.  I had a few things so I decided to make some crock pot chili.  I am not a chili fan, but Rob is, so I gave it a shot.

Into the crock pot I put:

- one can of diced tomatoes, with the liquid
- a large handful of whole cherry tomatoes
- one can of Hot Rotel (I am now all out!  A trip to target is in order)
- one onion, diced
- one clove of garlic, diced
- one can of rinsed white kidney beans (rinse well to get the gummy stuff off)
- one package of ground beef which I browned in a frying pan first
- salt and pepper
- chili powder ( a tablespoon or 2 maybe)
- a teaspoon or so of brown sugar
- oregano
*I would have put in some other diced veggies but was out*

I think that was all I put in there.  I turned it on high for 6 hours and it was good.  Very spicy, they don't lie when they call a can of rotel hot!!

I served this with apple slices and cheese 'toast' (made on thin pizza shells) to help dull the spice!  Loic didn't like it, I don't blame him it was spicy, so he had some cheese toast, apples and left over tortellini.

Tomorrow - an update on the preschool drama.  Hopefully a good update involving the return of my money and some closure.  I got the apology today which was nice.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment