Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Delicious recipe and Sew Crafty

I think that I have posted a recipe for Turkey burgers before, however, the ones I made tonight were very tasty and I want to remember what I put in them.  I also baked them instead of frying them and they turned out really, really well.

Ingredients

- 1 small package of ground turkey (I bought the leanest available)
- 1 small onion, diced
- salt and pepper
- a few tablespoons of peanut sauce (I think it was a satay sauce)
- a few teaspoons of Soy sauce
- a few teaspoons of Thai seasoning (I just use a spice blend I bought at the grocery store)
- about 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- one egg

Mix the above together in a bowl, form into patties (1 made 4) and place on a greased baking sheet.  I baked them at 375 for about 20 minutes and they were so good - moist and tasty.  I served them on brown buns with some mozzarella cheese, cucumber, lettuce and spicy mustard.

Now onto the crafty phase of this post!  My mom and Aunt are really, really good sewers.  Like, really good.  My mom showed me the basics this summer and while I am a bit of a slow learner, I am getting it.    I need a lot more help with patterns but I am getting the sewing basics at least.  Jody has loaned me her sewing machine (thanks Jody!) which is awesome.

I made a little baby girl dress this summer (I made two, my first attempt was a bit...free form) and cut out another one to make for a friend and tonight I finished it!  I found the pattern online for free and once my mom made one and showed me how to make it, I was set :)

Here it is:


(Never mind that it took my mom less than an hour and it took me over two, on my third dress....it is still cute)

Oh and I also made a neat baby gift for you Erin!  Sorry, no picture!  But it would REALLY help if you would just find out what you are having.  Thanks.

Next craft: canning.  Sabrina taught me how to can this summer, we made two kinds of jam and salsa, and I am going to can some neat stuff for Christmas gifts.  We shall see how I do on my own!  I am quite confident in the kitchen so I am thinking that canning is going to be something I really enjoy doing.  Soon I need Rob to build me a giant pantry like my Aunts - hers is a thing of beauty.  And if the world ever ends, we are heading to Campbell River because I am pretty sure they have enough meat, fish and canned goods to last us for about 10 years.  

-E

1 comment: