Sunday, May 12, 2013

A lovely Day

Today is Mother's Day and while *every* day should be called Mother's Day, it is nice that there is a day set aside for us mom's out there.

We had a lovely weekend.  Rob still can't pick up the baby (come on May 15th!) but he can play with her and feed her etc.  Loic went to his first ever drop-off birthday party yesterday for a kid at his daycare.  He had an awesome time.  We had a play date last weekend with the little boy and his mom - we figured it was the responsible parent thing to do - and I am so pleased that they lived so close to us.  His mom is great and he and his little brother are nice little boys.

The party was a pirate themed one and Loic went in full pirate gear!  He looked AMAZING!  My mom got the costume at a garage sale for $5 - good deal Mom!

Here is Pirate Loic:


I rode Jeff this morning while my mom watched Maelle (Rob is okay with Loic because Loic doesn't have to be picked up).

Nice ears:


Garden update - things are happening.  AND - while Rob put in 96 square feet of raised beds for me, I am out of room....I need more beds, like, a lot more.  I will have to prioritize.  I moved my flowering currant so that I can put more potatoes in the back garden.  Back garden is now:  38 heads of garlic, potatoes, three rhubarb plants, two apples and one lone blueberry that needs a new home.  I have to plant the potatoes one night this week.


We had (another) bowl of radishes with dinner:

Baby is growing up *SO* quickly.  Isn't there a saying "the days are long but the years are short"?  Well, my kids are so easy (so far, I am holding my breath slightly for the teenage years) so the days and years both seem short.  I so enjoy them.

Dad reading Loic a story before bed tonight:

Maelle enjoying an ice cream bar after dinner tonight:

 Not a great picture but look at that skirt!!

All in all we had a nice weekend.  I bought a few plants at the local garden club sale yesterday, that is the gift I get from the kids every year and I did some work in the garden.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment