Friday, August 20, 2010

I fell. Off a pitchfork

Today was not my best day.
While gardening, I managed to fall off of my pitchfork and slam, back and arm first, into my all-stone wall. Jess watched this all happen and while I fell to the ground screaming "I am hurt! I am hurt!" she thought that the terrible smacking sound was my head. Luckily it wasn't, it was just the rest of my body slamming into the wall.
When I managed to get up, I realized that I had hurt my arm, my hand and my back. Fun times. I am now *really really really* sore and to make matters worse, I think that I broke my toe stubbing it on a box. My toe is black and I can't move it.
I really scared myself and I can't quite figure out how I managed to fall in such a terrible way! I was digging with my pitchfork and both of my feet slipped, sending me backwards into the wall.
A big thank you to Jess, you helped a lot today!! Afterwards, we couldn't stop laughing because I think that I scared us both a lot and we were quite relieved that I didn't hit my head.
Off to have a hot bath, more advil and then bed. Who knew that gardening could be so dangerous?! My sod removal project is on hold until I am not longer sporting bruises on half of my body.

E

2 comments:

  1. When Jess told me "Erika almost died while gardening!" I have to say I didn't quite believe her. Sorry Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a scary moment!! I didn't think that one could hurt oneself quite that badly while standing at ground level...
    I am quite black and blue today but will live. Thank god I didn't hit my head.
    E

    ReplyDelete