Sunday, September 2, 2012

Baby is 5 months old

How on earth is she 5 months old tomorrow?
Still the nicest, happiest, cutest baby.  She nurses so well and so efficiently - her brother would nurse off and on all day (and night) but she is down to business this girl.  Sometimes at night she just wants a quick cuddle and won't even latch on - so unlike her brother in this regard!  He would never turn down an opportunity to nurse that boy :)
She is obviously eating well because she has now more than doubled her birthweight at 5 months old.  We are still just breast feeding; I am not in a hurry to start her on solid food and will give it a go in a month or so.  I find it so very satisfying to be able to make and feed my babies what they need in the first 6 months of their lives myself.  And talk about convenience - nothing like not having to bring anything with us to feed the baby except, well, me.  She hasn't had a bottle and at this point I figure why bother?  I hate pumping and actually can't pump well at all.  We have even gone out to a late movie and left her at home (she slept the whole time we were out).  While Loic and I had a rough start breast feeding, Maelle has been a pure pleasure to feed.  He was a joy to feed too but in a different way because we were more worried about his lack of weight gain and feeding him wasn't so carefree feeling.
 Maelle's first trip to the PNE
(This the the 9th year that Rob and I have gone together (!))

 Content after eating (no skin showing :))
Isn't she adorable?!

 This is Loic as a baby, probably closer to 8 months old but they are starting to look more alike

 She has amazing big blue eyes this girl

And she is so quick to smile!

We had a good time at the PNE this year.  Loic missed his nap to go see a kid's group with Rob (who is an awesome Dad I should add) and my mom, Maelle and I joined them later in the afternoon.  We also had a great long weekend in Whistler last week.  
Rob is taking Loic camping next weekend and is leaving us girls at home but we will meet them for dinner one night.  Loic is already excited!

E

2 comments:

  1. How great to have such an easy baby - makes for handling two kids so much more enjoyable!
    Loic is looking so grown up these days; sounds like he's having a great summer. I hope he and Rob enjoy their camping trip.

    ReplyDelete