Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Odds and Ends

We have had another busy few weeks here!  First Loic had a cold, then I hurt my back, then Maelle was sick but we are all better now.

Today Linda, Loic, Maelle and I went to the Dentist.  It was Loic's first trip and he did quite well.  He was uncharacteristically nervous but was fine once he heard that there was a treat at the end!!  A big thanks to Linda for being my kid wrangler while I had my teeth cleaned.

We had a scare last week when Maelle woke up at 10:30 pm making terrible rasping noises.  Turns out she had croup and needed a dose of steroids.  The ER doctor was really, really lovely as was the nurse.  They said we were right to bring her in and that when babies make that awful noise when breathing in to bring them in right away.  I am once again thankful for our medical system and for the fact that I didn't have to pay for that ER visit (I know I pay through work etc. but I didn't have to produce cash to see the Doctor at 11:00 pm).

Now for some pictures!!


Loic and his buddy Ezra riding Teepee


Loic and my mom riding Jeff


Maelle taking her first ride in a swing!  She loved it.  I also have a video but sound like a spaz in it so I am not posting it for all to see/hear :)


Baby watching me make dinner.  She likes to sit in her highchair with some toys and she chats away at me while I make dinner

Maelle is almost 6 months old.  She started eating a bit of cereal a few weeks ago but isn't that into it right now so she hasn't had any in a few days.  That is fine with me, she is growing well and is very happy with her all breast milk diet :)  She has started to sleep a bit better this past week - she slept very well for the first 4 months then did a bit of a sleep back slide but we are back to where she was, which is lovely and very easy to deal with.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment