Thursday, March 7, 2013

Car update (take 5) and swim class! And a recipe

My car is still leaking.   I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this point!  I am taking it in tomorrow to have it looked at in preparation for Honda to take it back next week....for the fourth time?  At least the dent in the bumper and side of the car is gone!!

Tonight was Loic's third swim class.  There were two kids in his first class and since then it has only been him.  His teacher is great and tonight he was so very proud of the fact that he dunked his head under the water and wasn't upset.  They swim, play games and end the class in the hot tub :)  It is pretty darn adorable.  He was so so pleased with himself tonight!  Oh and yes, he does talk her ear off the entire 30 minutes.  And he points at things and asks close to 100 questions.  Adorable.

I made a roast chicken on Tuesday night and with the leftovers made a new recipe last night (I also made a big pot of chicken stock with the leftover carcass).  I found the recipe I adapted on the Pioneer Woman site: Pioneer Woman Chicken Pasta

The Pioneer Woman started out with raw chicken breast and she cooked it but I figured my leftover roast chicken would work just as well.  I also added in peas to make it slightly healthier.

Here is what I used:

-leftover roast chicken (just under half a left over chicken)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup white wine + 1/4 cup of chicken stock (the pioneer used 3/4 cup of wine but I only had a 1/2 cup of white so I added stock)
- 1/2 cup of cream (I used half and half)
- 3/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- a lot of fresh parsley, chopped
- about 2 cups of frozen peas
-salt and pepper

It was super easy.  I melted the butter, sauteed the minced garlic for a minute, added in the wine/stock and cooked that down for a few minutes.  Then I added in the cream and whisked it all around for another few minutes.  Then I added the diced cooked chicken, the peas, the parsley and the parmesan.  Once the peas were warm I added in 454g (one box) of cooked bow tie pasta.  I mixed it all around and we ate dinner!  It was quick and really tasty.   Oh I added salt and pepper before serving.

Enjoy!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment