Sunday, March 31, 2013

Long weekend Fun

We have been having a great long weekend!

Friday was lovely - I went to Spanish banks at low tide with Tyler, Toby, Jody, Jess, Ryan and Kepler; it is so much fun to walk there in the sunshine and the dogs had a blast.  We then went to Steamworks for dinner (sans children :))

Saturday we did some planting in the front garden - peas, lettuce, sweet peas, and onion sets.  Loic "helped" me by watering the grass, the car, the driveway and himself.  He then proceeded to soak both himself and me in the process!  He had a great time helping me though and I am glad that he likes the garden.

The Easter Bunny came to our house this morning and left Loic with a basket of goodies and he was very excited.  It was Rob's sleep in morning today (we alternate) so I took the kids to my parent's house for a pancake breakfast and an easter egg hunt :)  He was thrilled!


Egg hunting at Grandma and Grandpa's!

We then came home and had to wake up Rob because Maelle needed a nap and we did another little egg hunt with Loic in our yard:


Egg hunting at our house!
The weather was perfect today.

Today was also Jeffree's 25th Birthday!!  My mom had cake and cupcakes for him and I brought a box of apples and carrots.  It was nice, I still can't believe he is 25 and sound.  Good boy Jeff.



We then hosted Easter dinner here for 12 people and we had a lovely evening.  Everyone brought something so I didn't have to do too much (my favorite kind of dinner party!).  My mom brought a ham and some appies, I made cauliflower and cheese baked pasta and a nice asparagus dish, my aunt brought two salads and Linda made a bunny cake:


Happy Easter!!

We are off again tomorrow, yay 4 day long weekend!!!

-E

3 comments:

  1. Ich wünsche Euch auch noch ein Gesegnetes & Frohes Osterfest.
    Herzliche Grüße aus Deutschland

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake works on every level

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cake! happy birthday Jeff! I miss easter egg hunts, next year I'm doin one. Happy Easter guys.

    ReplyDelete