Monday, March 18, 2013

"Come back later Mama!"

At least one out of the three of us will be fine when I go back to work next Tuesday!

The kids are doing early entry hours this week so they are both going to their daycares (only a block apart) a few hours here and there to get used to the places.  Today, Loic was supposed to go from 9-11 and when I got there at 11, the group was heading outside to play.  He told me: "Not now Mama!  Come back later to get me!" so I did :)  The teacher said he was awesome and chatty and very easy going, which he is.  The one thing they will have to work on is getting him to eat - he does not eat well while distracted - and that can lead to grumpiness.  They provide two snacks a day and I send him with lunch; the snacks are great too, which is nice.

Maelle goes for an hour tomorrow with me.  She is in a 'no one can hold me but my Mama' phase so I am expecting some tears from her.  Then on Wednesday I will leave her there for her morning nap.  I am kind of dreading leaving her at daycare.  I know she is a very happy, well adjusted baby but she is my baby.  I am still going to nurse her - my plan is to nurse her before I go to work, as soon as we get home before dinner, and before bed.  Plus I will nurse her if she wakes up at night.  I am trying to get her to drink some milk but she isn't totally into it, which is fine, she likes to drink water.  She eats basically everything so she gets cheese and yoghurt (and basically all other foods offered to her :))

She can now crawl up stairs but not down so she is a going concern!!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment