Sunday, March 17, 2013

Garden update

Today it was really nice and sunny out and my front raised beds are all ready to go so Loic and I did some planting.  I will have to take some pictures soon.  Loic alternated between 'helping' me, driving his digger around the yard and wearing a tomato cage....

We planted peas and radishes and took up 3/4 of one bed.  I am slightly OCD about seeds in rows (which the peas are in this year) but Loic did a pretty good job of planting his peas, phew.  We put in radish seeds as well but I just spread them out in a large square area.  We planted two types: an easter egg mix and some regular red ones.  I then covered the whole bed with a plastic cloche - I used some tomato cages on their sides to raise it up off the beds and it worked quite well.  We shall see what happens soon!  I also put in another dwarf blueberry - my front yard is beginning to look like a blueberry farm which is good considering both my kids will gladly eat their own weight in berries daily if I let them!!  I have three baby blueberry plants to move around too but haven't sorted out exactly where to put them quite yet.

The dogs had a nice time sitting in the sun today after our walk.  Loic and I were playing and the two chihuahuas sat in the sun while Tyler played with a toy.  I am ready for it to be sunny out again!  Although, the sun makes my house look really, really, really dirty :)

I shall leave off with a cute baby in the tub:



-E

No comments:

Post a Comment