Monday, April 1, 2013

Yay gardening weather!

We have almost finished transforming our front yard from plain old lawn to a food producing garden!  So far I have put in:

- a row of raspberries (I put them in last two years)
- 3 large blueberry plants (they were free from a client of my Dad's and they are lovely)
- 5 dwarf blueberry plants (also free from the same client)
-3 baby blueberry plants (bought by myself - I need to find a new spot for them, they are too crowded where they are right now
- an italian plum tree - bought this weekend and yet to be planted

I also have put my perennial herb garden in the front so that I can easily access it.  My rosemary didn't live through the winter (this is the second one?) and I have too much oregano at the moment.  I will get a third rosemary - garden peeps, what am I doing wrong here?  I have chives, thyme and oregano there now but will have to add to it this year.  Oh, I need to add some parsley in there soon - it got taken out when I planted garlic last fall.  I will plant basil and dill in one of the raised beds this summer too.

So far in two of my three lovely raised beds Loic and I have planted (from seed): two types of peas, radishes, pearl lettuce, onion sets, and sweet peas (for flowers).  My Dad has given me some baby kale that needs to go in soon too.

I am so excited to see what that front yard will produce!!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment