Sunday, July 11, 2010

Almost one


Lolo will be one year old in two weeks - where has the past year gone?!
As I get ready to go back to work, I am starting to plan out his days so that he is in a routine for the new nanny (3 days a week at her house) and the one day a week that he will be with grandma. I get a one hour lunch break so will be taking my break with either the nanny and Lolo or my mom and Lolo. Loic is now only taking one nap a day; I had a tough time adjusting to this but he chose to do so and after fighting with him for a week to take two naps, I gave in!
I plan to nurse Lolo until he is two years old and found this great article which sums up why I want to do so:
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/bfextended/ebf-benefits.html

I plan on nursing him before work, at lunch, after work, before bed and once during the night. He goes to bed at 7:30 and nurses at about 5:00 am and gets up for the day at 7:30. Not bad at all I say! He sleeps in his own bed and goes back to sleep in minutes after nursing at 5:00 in the morning.
I love nursing him and he loves to nurse, so why stop now? My mom can attest to the fact that he likes to nurse and that anyone will do in a pinch! When he is tired or hungry he quite comically tries to help himself...off of any woman around! Funny little boy. He is eating well and loves his "people food" but I love the health benefits that he gets from breastfeeding. I am getting ready to have people comment about me feeding him until he is two, but I say bring it on! My friends and family are 100% supportive of me and of Loic.
Party preparation to begin this week - starting with printing off his party invites!!
E


2 comments:

  1. Nurse on Erika! It is great for you and baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! And we both really enjoy it. Nursing a toddler is quite funny too :)
    E

    ReplyDelete