Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Oh Tyler

Our new house is two stories, and to get inside you have to walk up a flight of stairs and into the front door, where you walk down a short hallway and turn left into the kitchen. There is nowhere for Tyler to look out of, which is what he has to do to feel safe inside the house while we are gone. So, my clever black lab has taken it upon himself to use the front kitchen counter (where the sink is) to look out of because there is a window right there. How do I know he is doing this? Evidence! And the fact that when I look up as I drive away I can see his little grey muzzle...
Now, Rob and I have done a lot for this dog and have paid so much money to help him that even I don't want to add it up, so we have gone and bought a glass front door so that Tyler can look out while we are gone. We are going to put a dog bed in the hall and that is where he will stay while we are out.
He won't panic if he can see out and while I *hate* glass front doors, we have one so that Tyler is ok with life. The things we do for that dog!! :)
E

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww.....I am so happy for Tyler. And you are such good dog parents!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is something else that dog! But in a very good way. At least he isn't full on panicking while we are out; our tenants move in downstairs next month and we can't have a bark fest going on up here! Oh Tyler :)
    Now we need to figure out how to get Arthur to use the stairs on his own...something that he can certainly do if dinner is involved but he can't seem to figure out if there is no food around. Naughty chihuahua.

    ReplyDelete