Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Reno Update

Things are trucking along here.
Our carpet is going to be installed tomorrow and will be done on Friday. In the mean time, Rob is going to be working on the suite installing the new washer and dryer we bought, installing the sink in the bathroom and new counter. I will need to paint the one bedroom and the bathroom down there. Then Rob will do baseboard and install a non see through bathroom door (whoever thought that a glass bathroom door was a good idea...).

Upstairs is ... a bit chaotic. We haven't been able to use any of the bedrooms or office yet, so we are pretty cramped in the living room/dining room. Lolo is sleeping in one of the suite's bedrooms and Rob and I are camped out in the entry way downstairs.

The fence is now done! We can send the dogs out to pee unassisted! Yipee!! It looks just lovely and gives us a sunny and very private patio now at the base of the deck stairs. I have a lovely little kids table and stools that I am going to set up down there tomorrow for Lolo :)

I primed the new wall in our bedroom (twice) and put up one coat of paint but ran out of paint. Tomorrow I will run out to get a can before the carpet guys get here so that I can finish off that wall without worrying about the new carpet. Then, my mom is going to take Lolo for me in the afternoon so that I can prime the entire guest bedroom...which I am NOT looking forward to. Oh well, it needs to be done. I am also going to weed wack at the barn in the am, something that I LOVE doing; especially with my brand spanking new gas weed eater named Wendi (she was named just for you Jody!!)

E

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a blade on your weed whacker? We got one that takes a blade and I have heard nothing but good things about by those who have used it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No blade, I think that those ones are quite heavy. Mine works well for around our yard but didn't cut it at the barn; I ended up weeding by hand and that actually went quite quickly too.
    E

    ReplyDelete