Sunday, March 14, 2010

Oh Tyler!

An old photo of Tyler, Toby and foster dog Gigi

After his amazing performance at the last trial, I guess I was hoping for some good results today but Tyler had other ideas! His first run began with disaster - a terrible start line stay which was more like a complete barking meltdown (which resulted in my grabbing his scruff and him screaming, thank god his spastic barking covered up the screaming sounds!). The run itself was ok, he did some nice things, but I am so frazzled at the beginning that it isn't fun for me at the point. His second two runs were a lot better, mainly because as soon as he sat at the start line we went. He only had one bar knock down in Masters Standard, so I guess I am happy with that. Oh Tyler, when will you learn not to have a barking meltdown before *every*single*run* ?
I need to keep in mind what he was like when we adopted him; we never ever thought he would be able to do agility, let alone make it into Masters!

E

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way!! We will get them sorted out after Rob cleans out the garage, I promise.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete