Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spiders, oh the horror

So, last year Rob said to me "I saw a black widow spider in the crawl space" and I just laughed at him because I figured that we didn't have them here (maybe I was just not allowing myself to think that they could live here?). Today, while he was installing our new mud room cabinets he found...a black widow spider. Alive. In the house. She is now safely in the freezer, in a sealed up jar. I am going to use her as evidence.
After Rob talked me out of calling the emergency pest control line (they have been living in the crawl space for A YEAR now, so I guess it isn't an emergency) I decided to call first thing in the morning. Not sure if I will be sleeping tonight. I love insects, I still miss my pet mantid Paris, but spiders? I HATE spiders. Way too many legs, creepy, creepy eyes, fast moving, POISONOUS spiders. In my house.
I did some googling and yes, we do have black widow spiders here. Great. We now know that they are in the crawl space AND in the garage, where the cabinets were until today, now they are In My House. Oh the horror.

E

No comments:

Post a Comment