Sunday, May 2, 2010

Grouse Mountain

Jody and I took Loic up to the top of Grouse Mountain today to check out the bears. I stupidly brought my stroller and not my baby backpack, and had to leave the stroller at guest services while we hiked in the snow. It was foggy and after seeing the bears, who were very interesting and were eating lettuce and a quarter of a dead calf, we got lost. In the snow. While carrying my baby! It was a lot of fun though and we were only really lost for a few minutes. That baby is heavy to carry in the snow! We passed him back and forth for the half hour hike, which he thought was quite funny.

Jody holding a very wiggly baby

Loic and I lost in the snow, but still laughing!

We commandeered a snowmobile for this shot, had I noticed that the keys were in it I might have been tempted to go for a ride. Just kidding (kind of, I have a thing for snowmobiles)
Baby and I safe and sound on the tram on the way down!

3 comments:

  1. That was so much fun! Even the getting lost part and climbing over the bridge while passing baby back and forth like a baton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The baby sure had a good time being passed back and forth!!
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erika, sweetheart, Loic seems to be happy pretty much all the time, regardless of what he's doing. Someday he'll be told about his brief career as a relay baton, and he'll probably still be chuckling about it.

    ReplyDelete