Saturday, May 1, 2010

The BEST corn salsa and baby in a shopping cart :)

Tonight it was nice and sunny outside and after mowing the lawn (which took forever today) I decided to make some fresh salsa! It was amazing and here is the recipe. I made it up and I know that my mom adds fresh basil in hers, which is also good. If you wanted to add cilantro that would work too (I don't add it because I think that it tastes like soap).

Fresh Corn Salsa

All you need to do is dice up the following into tiny pieces - Erin, the pieces need to be the same size as the corn kernels - then add in the lime juice and oil and you are done! This is a chopping-intensive dish but so worth it.

In a large bowl put in:

- 2 cups of corn kernels, use frozen corn, not canned. Just thaw the corn and you are good to go, don't cook it.
-half a red onion, diced
-one red pepper, diced
-two tomatoes, diced
-one jalapeno pepper, diced. I removed the seeds from mine but if you are brave, leave them in
-the juice from two limes
-one tablespoon of vegetable oil

Mix well and set aside at room temperature for a few hours; this will let the flavours mingle. Refrigerate after eating, this dish is even better a day later! We had grilled steak, grilled veggies and a lot of this salsa with taco chips for dinner tonight - so tasty.


Fresh corn salsa, so tasty and healthy too!

Today we went grocery shopping as a family and Loic rode in the cart like a big boy for the first time today! He seemed to really enjoy himself. When I take him alone I won't be able to let him ride like this because he is still a bit unsteady, but Rob monitored the baby and cart while I did the shopping.

I have the cutest picture from this morning to put up! Rob took Loic swimming (awwww) and he wore a duck housecoat. Need I say more?! So cute. I will download that pic soon!

E



3 comments:

  1. Yes! More pictures!!! I'm so pleased. Holy shit he's cute.

    Thank you for the clear instructions. I'm on it! Now, how do I make the rest of the stuff in your yummy meal?

    Steak - how do I cook that?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steak is a tricky one - Rob and I like it two different ways! Will do a steak post soon.
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big boy in the buggy! I'll bet he'll be walking soon.

    ReplyDelete