Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fruit Crisp (For Erin)

Hi all - as requested, here is my fruit crisp recipe. Ok, I did steal it from my mom but I made a few modifications of my own!

You will need:
Fruit (I use apples and a combination of berries) The apples are fresh and I tend to use frozen berries - Erin, no need to thaw the frozen fruit, just use it right out of the freezer.
** If you want to make only apple crisp, add cinnamon to the apples, a few teaspoons will do**
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon butter

Topping:
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 cup rolled oats (I use quick oats)

1. Cut up your apples into chunks and add your frozen berries. To the fruit, add I tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of white sugar. Mix well and put the fruit into your baking dish. Fill the dish so that it is almost full and pack the fruit down lightly.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave and to it add the 1/2 cup of flour, brown sugar and the cup of oats. Mix well.
3. Put all of the flour/brown sugar/oat mixture on top of the fruit, spread and pack down lightly.

Bake at 350 until the fruit is all bubbly and the topping crisp (hence the name). I usually put a fork into it to make sure the apples are soft, or sneak a taste from the side...

You can serve this with vanilla ice cream but I like it all on its own and I really like it for breakfast! Any questions Erin? :)

Enjoy,
E

6 comments:

  1. Ok yeah, fruit crisp is great and delicious and wonderful...but WHERE ARE THE LOIC PICTURES?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming, coming! They are on Rob's computer but will be on mine shortly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do I peel the apples first? YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What else have you got to share with me? How about the potatoes we all love? Do you make those?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can share the potato recipe next! And yes, you should peel the apples.

    ReplyDelete