Monday, April 5, 2010

Dog Training

I just finished teaching a 6 week Novice Rally Obedience class. I taught quite a few sessions before baby came along and this was the first one that I have taught since having Loic.
I really like teaching Rally for a few reasons. One, every dog can do it! We had a lovely senior blind Malamute in this past session and she was a star! I have taught people aggressive dogs, dog aggressive dogs, shy dogs, excited dogs (and Tyler ;)) and they have all done very, very well with the sport. Two, after a 6 week class most people and dogs are ready to go to a trial and compete! That in itself is pretty great. Also, this class teaches basic dog skills that come in handy even if you never set foot in a dog trial ring.
I am taking one week off and will then be back at it for two classes a well.

E (and Tyler, my sometimes naughty but always funny teaching side kick)


No comments:

Post a Comment