Thursday, April 15, 2010

Recipe # 2

I made this dish for Easter at Erin's parents house and she asked that I post it. It is a really quick and tasty side dish that goes with anything - it goes well with the marinated beef recipe below!

Quick Sauteed Veggies

I made this with asparagus and snap peas, but any firm veggies would work. I happen to love asparagus (Ryan and/or Jess, could you please tell me how to grow it? I know it takes two years before it produces. Thanks)

This will serve 2-4 people, depending on how much you love veggies. Tonight I will make it for us for dinner, along with a pasta dish.

You need:
- one bunch of asparagus, cut into pieces
- a small zucchini (I couldn't find peas today, peas are the best for this dish) cut up into pieces
- a few teaspoons veggie oil
- salt and pepper

In a large saute pan, heat up the oil and add in the cut up asparagus. Add salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes, stirring as it cooks. Once the asparagus is slightly cooked, add in the zucchini and/or peas and cook for a few more minutes. Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed. Make sure that the veggies are only just cooked, you want them to still be crispy yet tender.

Enjoy!
E

2 comments:

  1. Erika, this dish also works really well with fresh green beans as one of the veggies - leave whole (just nip the ends off) and add a little garlic to the veggie oil - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! I do like green beans; they would be good in this dish too.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete