Friday, April 16, 2010

A salad variation

So, after gorging myself on a huge Tuna salad for dinner last week, I decided to show a little restraint in making the same salad yesterday for lunch. I made it exactly the same way but I only have so much Tuna, so I made it using half a can of Tuna and half a can of chick peas. The result: delicious. Now I can eat twice as many Tuna salads! Auntie Christine, is this salad good using the canned salmon too? Will try that next.

We put in an offer on a "handyman's special" house and will find out tonight (hopefully) whether or not we got it. It is a daunting task to say the least, but in the end Rob will fix it up beautifully. There are a lot of pros to this house: it is two blocks away from my office, it has a sunny back yard with a quiet lane, it is big and we are going to put in a nice one bedroom suite which we hope to have done and rented out for September. The cons: the basement. Oh the basement. It hasn't been lived in in years and comes complete with red shag carpet and fake log cabin walls....I am not doing it justice, you really have to see it to believe it! But, it will be a great house to fix up and sell down the road, when we need no longer want/need to rent out the suite. Oh and the deck is something to be seen too. A new deck is in the cards for next spring, if we buy this house.
Wish us luck!!
In baby news, Loic is "commando crawling" like a pro. Man can he move! In the blink of an eye he is across the office and grabbing books off of the shelf!! He is still teething, poor bug.
E


No comments:

Post a Comment