Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Aloha!

We are home, safe and sound, from our lovely vacation to Maui.

Rob took a lot of great pictures on his camera and I have yet to download them on my computer, so for today, just one picture to share of our sweet hula baby:

She is just too adorable for words!!

We had such a great vacation.  Here are a few of the highlights:

- swimming with Loic aka Mr. Chatty in the pool

- swimming in the warm waves, our beach was great for the kids

-watching social Loic play with any kids he could find!  He is so good at it although I do feel unnaturally angry whenever kids tell him they don't want to play with him...

- showing Loic how to boogie board (there was a bit of an incident where he was thrown off his board but never mind that)

- the whales!  We saw so many humpback whales.  Some out far and some right close to our beach.  We also stopped a few times at the lookout point and saw many, many whales close in to shore.  So exciting!  I also made Rob stop the car a few times while we were driving to see the whales :)

- watching the baby wave her hands and shriek for joy in the warm breeze - the windier the better for her!  

- watching the baby watch and talk to my Dad when we went for beach walks and watching her squeal every time she was her grandma or grandpa

- cold beer on the beach (don't worry, I usually only had half a beer, still nursing this baby of mine)
- the sheer relaxation due to the fact that our only decisions for two whole weeks involved what to eat and where to sit and relax and where to swim

I asked Loic what his favorite part of the trip was and he said "the plane" - I clearly kept my panic to myself!!  I think his favorite was actually the pool but since we let him watch videos the entire time he was on the plane I can see why he liked it :)

I think the baby just loved having her parents, brother and grandparents around to amuse her.  She liked the sand a bit too much (she tries to eat it) and loved the water once she got used to it.  She is so easy going, she napped and slept well.  Loic did too, he crashed around 7:00 every night and slept for about 12 hours straight.

I will post pic tomorrow!
We are (kind of) happy to be home, we missed the dogs and my folks, who went home a week before us.

Next up: I need to find childcare for Loic starting mid-march.  Ugh.

E

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back. It sounds like you had a blast with your hula baby and boy. Looking forward to seeing more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, print me two of each so that I can give one to my parents. Soooo cute MOM

    ReplyDelete