Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Driving (me crazy) in the car with Tyler and back in the 'hood

Today the kids and I took Tyler and Toby out to our old 'hood for a walk on the dike with my friend and her two kids.  It was lovely and I would have pictures if I wasn't chasing Loic, wearing the baby and watching the dogs run like crazy fools up and down the banks and in and out of the grass.  I had forgotten how much they like running along that dike!  We used to walk there almost every day when we lived in Maple Ridge.

Anyways, the other thing that I had momentarily forgotten was how totally annoying Tyler is when we are in the care for any length of time, which is anything over about 4 minutes with him.

When we are in the car the following thoughts go through my head:

1- OMG Tyler!  Stop whining and SIT DOWN!
2- OMG I have had Tyler for over 9 years and he is still *this annoying* in the car
3- Tyler is 10(!) and I can't imagine not having him, annoying faults and all
4- OMG Shut Up!!!
5- How will I ever manage without him?  He is getting grey...

These thoughts just go round and round until we reach our destination.  I honestly cannot believe that after over 9 years, he still whines so much in the car.  At least he now stays in the back and doesn't spend the entire trip trying to vault himself into the front seat.  Small steps people.  I am honestly not sure he even knows he is doing it?  He still barks the entire time he is in the back of the truck, that hasn't changed at all either.  Oh well!

We drove past our old house after our walk and the new owners are doing some crazy landscaping in the front yard; I would have loved to see the back but alas I didn't want to get out of the car and look like a crazy stalker.  There is also a new house going in a few houses down and it is huge!

We had Loic in Maple Ridge and it will always be where we bought our first home.  I love the availability of walks to take the dogs on too, and we have a few friends we still keep in touch with out there.

-E


No comments:

Post a Comment