Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Terrible sickness

On Saturday night I felt off.  We had friends over for the hockey game so after I made dinner and put the baby to bed, I excused myself to go downstairs to rest (we have a nice guest room and washroom downstairs).  Little did I know that in a few hours I would be totally miserable, huddled on the bathroom floor.  As soon as everyone left (I never did go back upstairs) around 11:00 that night we heard Loic cough, gag, throw up and sob.  It was *awful*.  In an attempt to keep Rob from getting sick I looked after Loic while he rocked the baby back to sleep.  Loic threw up on 5 different sets of sheets and blankets, poor little guy. He was such a trooper.  Every time he got sick, Maelle would wake up :(  It was quite the cycle.  I held off throwing up until later that evening...fun times.

Sadly Rob was not immune and yesterday morning around 5:00 am he sent me a text (I was still sleeping in the guest room) saying "I have been hit :("  Thankfully, he was only sick for Monday and was back at work today.  Other than napping most of Sunday and sleeping all of Sunday night Loic is back to normal and I am also fine now.  

My one wish now is that baby escapes this bug.  We have been cleaning like fiends (go bleach!) and I have washed absolutely everything in hot water.  Fingers crossed.

Needless to say, all meal planning went out the window!!  I made a kale, potato, bean and sausage soup for dinner but it was a rare miss.  I don't know why it wasn't good but it was just okay.  The baby ate it up though!  And Loic ate quite a bit for him - he is a non soup eater most of the time - but he liked the sausage and kale.

Anyways, here hoping Maelle got by by eating my breastmilk, she should get antibodies from me in it....I am still washing and hoping she is in the clear!

-E


1 comment:

  1. You got hit with the Norovirus! Apparently you are contagious for 2 days after you feel better. Hope Maelle doesn't get it.

    ReplyDelete