Sunday, February 10, 2013

Fun Day for Dogs, people and babies

Today Jody and I took Maelle, Tyler, Ryan and Abby to visit our agility friend's new dog boarding/training/grooming facility out at Zero Ave.  She has a fully fenced, grass agility field and we took turns running Tyler, Abby and Ryan through the course.  They had a blast!  I will say though that running Tyler while wearing Maelle in the Ergo is not easy.  She loved it but he decided that me wearing a baby meant he should maybe just not listen.  After passing the baby off to Aunty Jody he returned to listening (in his own way of course).

After some agility, the dogs ran and ran and ran - both on the course and in an adjacent field and pond area.  Tyler and Ryan even got the zoomies like puppies.  It is a lovely spot and if Tyler wasn't a giant spaz about being contained in any and all ways, it would be a nice place to board the dogs when we went away.

The baby loved watching the dogs and she also tried, in vain, to smile at some dog people but we have realized that most dog people don't pay any attention to babies.  Puppies yes, babies no.  I find it funny, she is such a social baby and dog events are the only place that no one pays any attention to her at all!  People are funny.

When we got home I made lasagnas (one for friends with a new baby, one for dinner and one for the freezer).  Rob and Loic delivered the lasagna and had dinner and a play date but Maelle and I stayed home because she has a cold and I didn't want to pass the cold along to the new baby or her family.  I will say that one kid at home is a breeze!  We went shopping with my mom, played, I fed her dinner and then when she went to bed I had lasagna on my own while reading the paper....quite relaxing.  I did miss Loic's chatter and hilarious comments though!

Tomorrow is our first Family Day here in BC.  We don't have anything special planned but the weather is so lovely here that we will spend time outside.  I have a few things I need to do in the garden, plus we will walk the dogs.

No pics, sorry, between the dogs and baby Jody and I both left our phones in the car.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment