Saturday, February 23, 2013

My garden! and a dino dig and dogs and cookies

Rob moved a lot of soil today to make this:


So awesome!!  It was a nice day outside today too.

Loic and I 'helped' him for a while this afternoon while Maelle napped.  I did manage to get two of the three blueberry plants in - I mulched them with fir shavings and used some peat I had to to dig them in, they are in front of the beds themselves.  I just need to dig out the sod in front of the middle garden bed and put in the third blueberry.  Oh and I will send off my soil for testing this week, don't worry Ryan :)

Yesterday it poured with rain so Loic, Maelle, Jody and I went to the Ecology centre.  We had a good time and we bought Loic a paleontologist hat!  Once we got home, Jody came up with the idea to do a dinosaur dig in the kitchen.  She suggested we bury toy dino's in FLOUR but I figured dried beans was a much cleaner option!  What a great idea she had!  Loic wore his hat and insisted that he needed a paleontologist vest so a vest he wore.  He also had a tent, a horse and digging tools - oh and he had a field notebook too.  (Can you tell Jody and I are a bit nerdy?)  He loved it.


Jody played assistant and helped Loic trace out his findings, it was pretty darn cute

Since it was so rainy out yesterday I didn't get the dogs out until after dinner.  We have Duncan staying with us and while I am sure he was not impressed to wait until after we ate dinner, we did have a nice walk after dinner because it finally stopped raining.  I just took the two big boys and listened to my ipod while I walked and it was quite nice.  These two have been buddies since they were puppies.  While they don't play as much as they did, they do still play a mean game of tug every once in a while.


These two are good buddies, hard to believe they are over 10 years old now!

Jody had a bad day yesterday so my helper and I made a treat for her this morning.  We made chocolate chip salted caramel bars; they are sinfully good.  


He did a very, very good job unwrapping the caramels!  
We talked about how if he finished his task he could have two or if he wanted one right away he could have one but he waited and picked two (because he is a smart kid :))

Loic had soccer this morning and while he liked it, he wasn't a big fan of the mini game the kids had - he didn't want to get into the middle of the pushing to get the ball.  I think the other kids have done a few classes already, we will get a ball and help him get the hang of it.  He likes the rest of the games they play and loves to kick the ball around.

-E

1 comment: