Sunday, February 17, 2013

Pacific Honda service department

I am not pleased.  I bought my car from them, new, and thought they would offer slightly better service.

We discovered my car was leaking, badly, last week when I realized the carpet below the rear seats was soaked and that the tire well in the truck was full of water.  The water was coming in the trunk somewhere and once the spare tire well was full, the water spilled out and soaked the carpet under the rear seats.  Good times.

A phone call to Honda and a visit to my mechanic lead to me bringing the car in last wednesday to Pacific Honda.  I was quoted to have the leak found, the leak fixed and the car dried out.  I was told the car would have to stay for three days.  Ok, fine, I wanted the leak fixed and the car dry.  After less than a day, I received a phone call from Honda saying the leak was fixed and if I wanted the car dry, I would need to pay an extra $350.  Oh and we went over the estimate, sorry.  Never mind I asked to be called if it went over the high estimate.  I was furious.  When I complained on the phone I was told that I had not understood what they said they would do (I am not dumb) and that because I have a Fit, they needed to actually take out the seats to dry it.  I am pretty sure it was a Fit when I brought it in in the first place and that they knew what kind of car it was!

We went to get the car Wednesday evening and after paying, begrudgingly, we went to take a look at the car.  We had been told it was mostly dry and that we could use a fan and space heater to finish the job.  To Honda, mostly dry means "soaking wet and not dry at all".  I was furious and complained inside to the poor front counter woman.  I wanted someone to come and look at the shape my car was in so a sales manager came out and was actually sympathetic.  He told me to leave the car there so they could see what would be done the next day.  He was the one nice person we spoke with.

Thursday morning I argued, again, with the service manager.  He was rude and awful.  He called back after our initial conversation and agreed to spend the day drying out the car.  At the end of the day, the first person we originally dealt with in the service department called and said "come get your car" then hung up.  We did and it is much better but we have had it at Rob's shop to keep drying it out this weekend because it was still not dry.

Moral of the story?  If you don't argue, forcefully, Pacific Honda will take your money and will not do what they say they will do.  I hate to say it, but I feel that if I had been a man, this might not have happened.  I hope I am wrong on this though.

Another moral?  We are thinking of buying a new car and will not be buying one at Pacific Honda; they lost a customer last week.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment