Sunday, February 24, 2013

Shopping South of the Border

Today, Jody, Maelle and I took a trip to the states to do some shopping.
Back in my pre-kid days this might have meant clothes but not now, now I shop for food :)

We started out at REI where I bought some "if I have to go back to work I need new black flat fancy boots" boots.  They are so comfy and lovely and I love them.  The only other thing I am going to buy is a lunch kit for myself.

We then went to the kids consignment store next door to Trader Joe's where we bought Maelle some new to her pants and two dresses - that store is awesome.  The clothes are all from 0.99 cents to $5 and they have a huge selection.  Next up was Trader Joe's - a usual stop for us.  I only got some quinoa there (and maybe some gummy candy and a chocolate bar).

Then we were off to Target where I got a lot of staples for our pantry and found these:

Oh my gosh.  Jody and I almost got into a fight in the fridge section at Target over these; thank god they had enough!  We both bought the chocolate-coffee ones and the raspberry-chocolate ones.  After dinner Rob and I each had one and these are seriously good.  Why can we not buy Chobani in Canada?!  Why?!  At 100 calories these are totally amazing and I am quite picky when it comes to yoghurt (meaning I hate most yoghurts) but I could eat a lot of these every day.  I told Rob I was rationing these out between us and the bad news is that baby also loves them :)

We then split lunch at Olive Garden - seriously, we were both totally full plus baby had some and we split one meal!

All in all a fun day.  Maelle was so, so well behaved.  She napped on the way down and on the way home and while we shopped she chatted away to us and anyone who would look at her.  While we were out Rob took Loic on a bus, sea bus, sky train adventure to Science World!  Then, he had a play date at our house for 4 dads and 5 kids - brave man that Rob is, very brave :)

Tomorrow - we head down to the Honda Dealer....ugh.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment