Saturday, February 16, 2013

Soccer! And a garden update

Today Loic had his first soccer practice!  I signed him up for an intro course at the rec centre and oh my gosh did he love it.  It is a class for 3-4 year olds and was very entertaining.  It is only 30 minutes and today the did big kicks, dribbling, stopping the ball and a few goals were scored.  He had a total blast - and he listened so, so well to the teachers - at one point Rob and I looked at each other with a "who is that kid who is listening intently?!" look on our faces :)  I am happy he had so much fun and some of the other parents were really nice and seemed to share Rob and my sense of humor.

Garden update - we bought lumber to make the front garden veggie beds!  We have been talking about this for a very, very long time.  We have talked about it a lot and have decided to start with three beds, each 8x4 feet plus we will plant a new apple tree and my 4 blueberry plants in the front at the same time.  We have long term plans for an arbor and to remove the ugly red bricks but for now this is a good start.


Front garden before pic - although we did put in those raspberry plants and the dwarf blueberries in front of them
(The 3 new beds are going to take up the space between the lumber and the berries)


My poor car has been in Rob's shop drying out since Friday night...we are going to go get it tomorrow, I hope it is not so wet now.  Pacific Honda rant coming up soon.


"Dog and Baby Begging for crackers"
:)


My garlic is growing!  Yipee!!

My mom and I took the dogs on a nice walk today, I am sure happy it is getting to be spring time again!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment