Monday, November 12, 2012

After over 3 years...

...Toby has started to like Loic!

Toby has always been wary of kids.  He has never bitten anyone, however, he looks uncomfortable around them and we are always very careful to monitor interactions between Loic and Toby.  For the most part, Loic only pets Tyler and doesn't go near Toby or Arthur.  Toby spends a lot of time on the back of our couch like a cat or under our duvet so it isn't a huge issue.  And I am not worried about him in general, I just know that he doesn't like to be cornered or pet by kids for any length of time.  Again, he hasn't bitten but we want to keep it that way.

For the past month or so Toby has taken to sitting on or under Loic's bed while I read Loic stories.  Tonight he went under the covers, like he does on our bed.  I didn't let him stay there once story time was over but I did have a hard time convincing him to leave!

I am not sure why he likes to sit on Loic's bed all of a sudden but Loic is always so happy when he does and pets him very, very gently.  I am always right there and Toby looks relaxed but I won't ever trust him alone around kids.

Rob managed to get a picture:


Maybe Toby wants to be one of the (many) stuffed animals on Loic's bed?
Very cute.

-E

3 comments: