Thursday, November 15, 2012

Napping

If you know me in real life, you know that I am strict about nap times for my kids.  I am not really strict about meal times or schedules unless it has to do with sleep.

Maelle currently naps in the morning  for an hour or two and this nap usually happens in the Ergo when we are out doing things or when I am walking the dogs if Loic is in preschool.  If we happen to be home she naps in her crib; she is easy that baby of mine!

Today might be Loic's last nap...and I am not ready!!  I love the fact that both kids sleep at the same time in the afternoons.  Maelle usually sleeps from 1:30 or 2:00 until 4:00, and Loic has been napping from about 2:00 or 2:30 until 4:00.  However, he has had an increasingly hard time going to bed and last night was awake until 9:30 so it is time for his naps to come to an end.  It is good timing because my last class is tomorrow (a whole other blog post) and I no longer need that time to do homework.  

He is such a good, kind boy that Loic.  Instead of napping we are going to a quiet hour in his room, which he is good at.  He will sit quietly and read in there when I make dinner and I know that he will do well reading instead of napping.  Now, if he is exhausted of course he can take a nap, I am just going to play it by ear from now on and if he isn't tired, he doesn't need to nap.

Wish us luck!  I am looking forward to the earlier bedtime for him.  He is growing up so quickly. 


Baby Loic napping with my mom and Arthur at our old house in MR


Baby Loic on a swing


Baby Maelle in a swing - I can't tell if they look alike or not!

- E

1 comment: