Sunday, November 11, 2012

FUD!

When I was little we had "Family Unit Days" aka FUD days (the D seems a bit redundant but FU Days sound terrible!!)  Today we had a FUD day here.

This morning Rob got up with the kids (yay Rob - you are Awesome) and I slept in until...9:00.  So wonderful.  Rob took Loic to the Remembrance Day Ceremony at Victoria Park and I stayed home while Maelle napped and had breakfast with Jody.

**As an aside, we are going to miss Jody terribly when she moves out this month :(  The last two and a bit years that she has lived in our suite have been amazing and wonderful.  We love having her join us for dinner a few nights a week, for weekend dog walks and breakfasts, for iced coffees on the lawn every sunny Monday and for all the other fun times**

Jody and I hiked the dogs up Dempsey before lunch today in the rain/snow.  The dogs sure love that hike!  We had Tyler, Toby, Ryan, Abby and Emma's Cooper with us.  According to my fitness App we burned just under 300 calories on that hike - felt like more because it is straight up a mountain and then straight back down.

When both kids napped this afternoon, Rob relaxed inside and I gardened in the pouring rain.  I put 4 blueberry plants out in the back garden temporarily - we still need to plan the front garden reno - and I hacked back the neighbours grape that is encroaching on the front yard.  I also did some much needed raking and cut back a bunch of perennials.  Fun times in the rain!

We went and visited friends before dinner and ate take out Swiss Chalet.

Rob is currently watching the creepy nightmare creating "Walking Dead" while I half listen and half watch - I get nightmares if I actually watch that show!!

Tomorrow we don't have anything planned either which is really nice for a change.  Next weekend is going to be very, very chaotic.  My last BCIT class is Friday and we have a birthday party, Rob has the scotch event, and a football game and I know there is more planned I just can't remember it all!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment