Saturday, November 24, 2012

The best tenant ever

Jody has moved out :(

She has lived with us since September of 2010 and her living in our basement suite has been hands down the best experience for our family and her too (I hope!).

I know I have written about it before, but we are going to miss all of the dinners upstairs, the breakfasts,  the back yard play dates, the dog walks, the coffee shared on the couch or in the yard and the other fun times.  We have loved having Abby and Ryan live downstairs too, they are great dogs.  Loic *loves* Abby which makes us laugh because there is a very clear don't pet Abby rule in place!  I think living with a baby and toddler has taught Ryan that kids drop a lot of food :)

Jody loves my kids like they are part of her own family and I will always be grateful for her friendship.  I love how Loic asks her to come up "just for a little visit" or says "Can I go downstairs to say Hi to Aunty Jody?"  I know she isn't leaving us for good but it the end of an awesome chapter in our lives and it is hard.

We wish you good luck on your next endeavor and you had better spend a heck of a lot of time over here now that you don't live one flight of stairs away!!  Remember, no need to call, just come on over - your place at our dinner table is always waiting for you.


Loic and Jody in the pool in LA at her Grandma's house - September, 2010


Jody with baby Loic in MR (he looks tired!)


Jody and Loic on Grouse Mountain, April, 2010 (I think?)


Jody eating...something....in agility class one night :)  Must have been the summer either 2010 or 2011
ha ha ha ha!


Jody with baby Maelle, April, 2012

-E

3 comments:

  1. Such a nice post...very hard not to cry :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you might have to take back your "come over whenever" when you realize you won't be able to get me to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I was eating a dog cake...as in, a cake made for dogs.

    ReplyDelete