Thursday, November 22, 2012

Skating, napping, preschool

Skating Day 3: Rob came to go onto the ice with Loic.  While Loic did spend the whole class on the ice this week and didn't cry, we aren't sure skating is for him at this point.  He can stand up for a second or two but is happy to just sit on the ice in his snow pants :)

Napping: afternoon nap is still gone.  This is trying for me because I have been using that time to study for my ISA exam (Dec 1st, OMG).  However, he goes to bed now at 7:30 or so and falls asleep very quickly so I get an hour or two of study time after the kids go to bed.  Tonight Rob walked Tyler so I stayed behind to study.  This blog post is a study break.

Preschool: Loic loved preschool up until last Friday.  We think he is going through a phase where he realizes that I stay home with Maelle and he therefore doesn't want to stay behind anymore.  The teacher that I really like told me today that by the time I was back in my car he was happy as a clam so go figure.  He told me he had a great time at preschool and that he "only cried for a minute but I don't know why" when I dropped him off.  Ahhhh 3 year olds.

Maelle: has 3 teeth, still adorable, still totally happy.  NOT a fan of avocado but I don't like it either so I can't really blame her.  Loves bananas, peas, apples, pears, squash, sweet potato, tiny bites of pasta with pesto, cheerios, baby cereal, yoghurt (has only had a little bit so far) and baby mum mums.

Loic: seems to be dealing with the lack of nap well and is slowly returning to his old happy self.  He had a play date this afternoon at our house with my MR friend and her little boy and the two boys had a great time playing with playmobile guys and playing tag.  Yesterday I let him watch the movie "Brave" while I studied and tried not to get sucked into the movie myself!!

More pics coming soon and a meatloaf recipe I invented that turned out very well; it was fast, easy AND much healthier than the one I normally make because I omitted the sausage meat and it is full of onions and spinach.  Yum.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment