Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Slow Cooker dinner

Erin, did you get yourself a slow cooker yet?  You will need one for when baby comes!

I had a few packages of beef short ribs in my freezer and didn't know what to do with them.  I am busy studying today while baby naps (I can hear her now...she is teething so naps are a bit short for my liking this week) and Loic is spending the afternoon with my mom so I decided to put some short ribs in my slow cooker for dinner.

I had a small package so I put them in the slow cooker with:

- half an onion, sliced
- about 1.5 cups of beef stock (just used the powdered stuff with hot water)
- a few generous splashes of Worchestier sauce
- a splash of ketchup
- salt and pepper on the meat (I was generous)
- some garlic powder
- a few spoonfuls of brown sugar


***Edited - these were tastier than I thought they would be!!  And were really good served with brown rice and a green salad**


We shall see what they taste like!  They smell pretty good already.  I will serve them with brown rice or potatoes and a salad.  Loic is eating at my parents house, he isn't a fan of beef yet but likes all other meats.  Funny kid.

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment