Saturday, November 17, 2012

Sitting Up! And answer to the nap question

Maelle is sitting up!  She can do it for quite a few minutes at a time, however, when she gets excited or sees something else she wants she tends to fall over backwards to get to another toy.  Silly baby.  The pictures are of her playing in Loic's room; we tend to play there quite a bit for some reason.


Just iphone pics but adorable non the less


Adorable!!  I could just eat her up she is so cute

Jess asked me why I was so strict about naps.  I am so strict because if kids and babies don't nap properly, life is not worth living for the rest of us!  It seems counterintuitive, but the more kids sleep, the better they sleep.  I used to think that if a baby was really tired they would sleep well but that just isn't the case.  Sleep begets sleep.  So, at our house, we stuck to pretty rigid nap times for Loic and it worked really well for us.  He now doesn't nap in the afternoons - he is swimming with Rob right now - but goes to bed by 8:00 at night.  He was still napping really well most afternoons, but, bedtime was getting later and later, which is a sign that it is time to cut out that afternoon nap.

I am not strict about Maelle's morning nap because it tends to happen while we are out and about.  I am, however, strict about the afternoon nap because that nap will continue until she is over 3.  She will drop the morning nap when she is around one or one and a half.

Hope this answers the nap question Jess!!  I was naive about nap times until I had kids and boy did I learn quickly how much kids need proper naps!

-E

No comments:

Post a Comment